Saturday, July 24, 2010

Let’s Face It…{I’m not the Pioneer Woman}


The Pioneer Woman recently blogged about going to a  PBR rodeo. She got lots of great pictures of chaps, cowboys and..... and..... bulls. Sorry, I was looking for another "c" word to make it a "c" trifecta but I just couldn't up with anything. 

Alas, I am not the Pioneer Woman so I was not at this event. However, I did attend a rodeo recently, the Cheney Rodeo (not Cheney as in Dick Cheney but more like chee-knee). I also got some pictures.














I got pictures of real cowboys. Isn't that what a real cowboy does, sit on a fence post and stare off into the sunset? I don't think this cowboy knew I was taking pictures of him, at least I hope he didn't because I took a lot. On second thought, he did give me a "you're a crazy lady" look one time and then tried to steer clear of me the rest of the night.















I got pictures of kid cowboys. There's something about a little kid in a cowboy hat that just breaks my heart. Side note: I try to use the term breaks my heart whenever possible because I find it such an odd term. Sometimes when I'm bored I'll go on iTunes and look at the celebrity playlists. I started noticing that when the celebs are explaining why they chose a particular song there is always one that goes something like this, "I find the melodic overtures of this song so haunting. My heart breaks every time I listen".














I got pictures of cowboys in pink. I bought a pink shirt for Thomas one time; uuhhmmm……he looks really good in pink.


The one thing I didn't get was pictures of chaps. Sorry ladies!


Landy







No comments:

Labels