Saturday, July 31, 2010

Home

Sweet














Golden Delicious














Home














When Thomas and I decided to move to Spokane while he attends law school a few things really fell into place for us, reaffirming that this is where we are supposed to be. One of the opportunities that came up for us was the chance to house-sit*. For 10 ½ months out of the year we get to live in a beautiful home. What's the catch you ask? For 6 weeks in the summertime, we have to completely move out and find somewhere else to live (I’ll post more about that later).

We just came back to our home today and we couldn’t be happier. We love our house. As a matter-of-fact, I’m so happy to be home that I don’t even mind this critter today.














Generally speaking, I like squirrels... but this squirrel likes to traipse around my yard very mischievously














He likes to dig things up and leave my yard full of holes














He likes to act as if this yard and all things in it belong to him














Normally I would try to think of some way to scare him off. My mind would be thinking of all the ways I could give him a fright. Okay, I admit it, when I took this shot my mind was thinking of a few ways I could give him a good scare.

But not today. Today I don’t care. Today I want everything to be just the way it is. Today I’m just happy to be home.














Landy

* Sidenote: I have this friend, KaRyn, she is the one person who I always kind of wish that I was. KaRyn introduced me to all of the great things in life like collecting awesome plates, finding the best vintage coats and really great music. A couple of weeks before we landed our house-sitting gig, Thomas and I were having dinner with KaRyn. She was getting ready to make a big move herself and she said that she needed to try to find someone to house-sit for. I thought to myself how awesome that would be but no one ever really finds a situation like that. Two weeks later we were house-sitters. Thanks KaRyn, you always did come up with the best ideas. (If you want to read more about KaRyn's charmed life click here)

No comments:

Labels