Sunday, October 25, 2009

Making Things Up

Maybe it's because I'm not working right now so I have a lot more free time. Maybe it's because the weather is getting colder and so I've been staying in more. (Here's how it looks outside my window right now)
Whatever the reason is I'm making all sorts of things.

 Last night I made this soup.
It's a different take on chicken noodle soup. Both Thomas and I thought it was quite delicous. He even gave me permission to keep it in the rotation, which isn't anything new, he almost always says he wouldn't mind if I made something again but his eyes never lie. It's the eyes that tell me if I can really keep something in the rotation and when I asked him about this soup his eyes gave me a definitive YES. I wish I could say I came up with the soup on my own but I must give credit to Dinners On Me. You can find this recipe and many other great ones here. (I did stray slightly from the recipe. Instead of making my own meatballs I bought chicken links. I took them out of the case, cut them into small pieces and fried them up. Also, I cut out the celery and carrots since I'm not a fan of either of those items being cooked).

This weekend I'm missing out on a family baby shower. Thomas' cousin Brett & his wife Kim are having a baby. We're so excited for them but not so excited for ourselves because our recent move has made it impossible for us to attend the baby shower. As gifts they were asking for books and it just so happens that one of Thomas' favorite books as a kid is part of set that comes with one of my favorite books as a kid. To make it extra special I decided to make a little book bag for them. Congratulations Brett & Kim.



No comments:

Labels